Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Day of Nothing YAY

Tuesday September 22, 2009

Goodmorning Boca Raton! HOTHOTHOT already at 8:30am. Temps and humidity through the roof for the foreseeable future. Apparently it rains at night. Works for me! I got up to make us some breakfast before Roel had to head out mid-morning. We enjoyed it on our balcony overlooking some beautiful palm trees and the pool.



I spent the day in and out of the pool. Took a long nap and caught up on facebook and emails. I also tried to figure out my whole financial situation. In short: I need to work when in NY for Nov and Dec. However every penny spent that has put me in this situation has been more than worth it. I’ve been getting exactly what I want out of life and for that I’ll never have regrets.

I needed this day just to re-charge. When Roel came home from work he made dinner for us (he insisted!) and I didn’t put up much of a fight. heehee

After another nap we decided to check out what Ft Lauderdale had for night life. Apparently the city has surpassed San Francisco for being the most gay (the most lisps? the most gays per capita?) I’m not exactly sure what being the gayest city means and I don’t feel like researching it either. However, considering what we saw I am very surprised: our first gay strip mall. Total grungy grossness. Who knew they still allowed smoking indoors anywhere?! It was rather depressing and no decent crowds or scenes to speak of. We tried another gay area in the heart of downtown but the clubs were closed. I know it’s Tuesday but shouldn’t there be something somewhere?? Thoroughly disappointed we successfully consoled ourselves with some Mcd’s drive-thru and went home to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment