Sunday, October 11, 2009

The In-Laws Aaaa

Saturday October 3, 2009

Mornin’ Long Beach. We’re up at 6am to catch our flight to Sacramento where Roel’s brother will pick us up. I’m feeling a little sluggish (achey and low grade fever) but not full blown sick. I’m thankful for that.

We arrived on time and Roger picked us up and drove us to a Chinese restaurant in Stockton (Roel’s home town) about 40 mins away. We met Roel’s mom and uncle (aka step-father) and Roger’s daughter Isys for a late lunch. It was not as awkward as I thought it would be. Overall I felt comfortable right off the bat (I dare say they were more nervous than I was). Sweet and genuine people.

We went back to his mom’s house/mansion museum to settle in. We spent the afternoon playing volleyball and frisbee with Isys (she’s almost 8!). We all jumped into the Hummer and I got a tour of Stockton. After we got back it was time to meet Roel’s dad and his wife.

As Roger, Roel and I pulled up to the house for dinner I saw a whole lotta vehicles. My heart stopped as Roger and Roel just started laughing. The whole extended family had been given thenews that Roel and I would be there today. Overall probably about 20-25 people. Wow. Saying I was overwhelmed is an understatement.

It was loud and busy. However they all went out of their way to ‘welcome me to the family’ and make feel like I had been there for many years. We got back to his mom’s home at midnight and went straight to bed. Another LOOOONG but great day. I feel like shit. Can’t wait to get some sleep and feel a little better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment