Sunday, October 11, 2009

Out in San Fran

Monday October 5, 2009

Good morning San Francisco.

Roel is up early to go to his store. Luckily it’s not too far (around the corner). I am struggling with needing to be within 20 feet of a washroom in case disaster strikes. :’( That makes me a little sad seeing as though I was REALLY excited to go exploring in SF today.

I stayed in bed and blogged while Roel came back to the room. He brought back some plain baked goodies to help settle my tummy. So sweet as always. He went back to the store and returned again late afternoon. I had managed to shower and take some Imodium in order to allow us to get out. Too much information? Oops.

There was a Jack in the Box across the street from our hotel. Fate?? After a bite of classic American fast food we took the Muni (SF’s subway) to Castro (the gay motherland). It was fun to walk around and take a peek in the different shops and bars. Nothing too different, cliché or kitsch. Just a nice regular neighbourhood that happens to be inhabited by gays. A little underwhelming actually. Not sure what I expected. And yes, from my brief time in SF I can report that there are A LOT of gay people per capita.

On our way back we grab a coffee to help keep me awake as we go to see Love Happens at The Metreon down the street from our hotel. It was an awful movie. We like our predictable romantic comedies but this one wasn’t believable on any level. If you must see it please rent. We saw a neat light installation by LV on the way back to our hotel.

Unfortunately we have another 4:15am wake-up call to catch our flight out of Oakland. We went straight to bed after the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment