Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On to LA

Wednesday September 30, 2009

Goodmorning San Diego!

We headed out to Roel’s next store which is on the way to lala land. We checked out and hit the road in the rental. This time it was a HUGE mall. Somewhere between Metrotown (in Burnaby, BC) and West Edmonton size.

I didn’t really bother exploring. At this point they’re all looking about the same. While Roel did his thing I searched out a good wifi spot with my laptop. I found an excellent place inside Borders (like our Chapters). I spent a couple of hours getting my blog account set-up (finally!) and starting to post entries that I’ve written along the way. We ate at the oh-so touristy Rainforest Cafe. It was my first time and I loved it! Obviously you have to take it for what it is. Cool concept that did actually make me feel like I wasn’t in a mall for a few moments.

Back to the car. Next stop Los Angeles! We are foregoing the hotel and staying with Shana and Craig. Roel and Shana used to work at Hugo Boss together and really are kindred spirits. I wasn’t thrilled because it’s always a little weird to stay at someone’s elses home that you don’t know. You’re never completely at ease in those situations (or maybe it’s just me). Luckily they made me feel completely at home instantly and I was more than happy to have a break from the unwelcoming and sterile hotel rooms. Shana and Craig are the kind of couple that you see together and you are just so happy that they found each other and in love. We all went grocery shopping together at Trader Joe’s (my new favourite grocery store – so cheap to buy HEALTHFUL things!). When we got back they made us an amazing meal of grilled salmon and vegetables. I miss having a bbq (or ‘grill’ for you Americans).

We had a few beers as we watched Glee and Modern Family. For those who aren’t on the band wagon yet you gotta check these shows out. Modern Family is currently my can’t miss show (that I seem to be missing).
I stayed awake as long as I could afterwards. We called it a night shortly thereafter.

By the way, Shana and Craig live in a BEAUTIFUL new town home a block from Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood (everything is in walking distance). We lucked out!


Sorry peeps, no pics again. Next post I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment