Sunday, October 11, 2009

mmm beach

Thursday October 1, 2009

Goodmorning LA! I can’t believe the weather Roel and I have gotten since we left Vancouver. Another gorgeous day at about 90 degrees. Perfect timing. Thank you mother nature!

Roel was off early to work. I had a lazy morning with a great internet connection for a change. Finally caught up with my facebook and email account and posted a few more blog entries. Shana and I met up with Roel and another one of his friends from LA, Ben for lunch at PF Changs at the Beverly Centre. Nothing like white washed Chinese food. Roel had been craving it for days!

Ben is another genuine and mature person. Where does Roel find all these beautiful people? That’s one thing that I’m learning more and more over time. Roel has chosen to surround himself by quality people who all want more out of life than the average rat-race scenario. Sure we all need to participate in it somewhat to survive but they are finding fulfillment outside of that when needed and are open to what the universe has to offer.

After lunch Roel and Ben had to go to their respective jobs and Shana and I were off to Venice Beach! I had never been before but remember it from Romeo & Juliet and was curious to check it out based on descriptions from many friends. It wasn’t quite as ‘crazy’ as I thought it might be but it did make for fabulous people watching. We walked for 20 minutes along the boardwalk. Beautiful and unique homes right along the beach. Also cool cafes, bars and little touristy shops with unique flair (who knew that was possible?!).



We stopped to dip our feet in the water. Cool and refreshing. Shana took a picture of me walking into the water.


I couldn’t resist jumping in (luckily I packed my board shorts) so I changed with a towel wrapped around my waist and rode the waves amongst the surfers. The sky was clear, the water was a pale green, the waves were just right, and I had the company of a great person. My heart was(is) full.

I’m excessively happy in general and know that not so long ago I would have been rolling my eyes and puking a little in my mouth had I read this as someone else’s words not so long ago.

Okay, at the beach...on the way home Shana drove me through the area of Venice that gave it it’s name. I didn’t have my camera but I have to admit it may be one of the most charming communities I have ever seen (at least from the car). The street in front is a sidewalk along a canal and you have a regular back alley. Houses had canoes and small paddle boats ready for use and had beautiful landscaping right up to the sidewalk/canal. My camera wasn’t accessible. Guess I’ll just have to go back one day. :)

We met Roel back at the house and he had some Del Taco waiting for me which I had never tried. YUM! One step up from Taco Bell mexi-style fast food.

We met Jason (one of Roel’s closest friends) for a sushi dinner. I was a little nervous because I was told he was very open with sharing his strong viewpoint on any topic. Plus they go way back with each other in Roel’s previous life as a professional hiphop dancer. Jason was great. You either get him or you don’t. His take and attitude on things is actually endearing. His teasing is actually affection but if you didn’t know any better you’d walk away feeling offended.

Ben met up with the three of us and we went out for a couple of drinks at Fiesta Cantina and then some impromptu dancing at Here. Great night. More than ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment