Sunday, October 11, 2009

Winding Down in the Windy City

Wednesday October 7, 2009

Good morning Chi-town!

Roel and I got up at a reasonable time, about nine. I joined him to his store visit today at Old Orchard Mall which is about a half hour cab ride away. We shared a giant salad at the Cheesecake Factory to tide us over.

After the mall we headed straight to our architectural boat tour of downtown Chicago. I’m not a big fan of organized tours, etc but I can confidently say that you are missing out if you visit Chicago and don’t take the time for this tour. There are many boat tours so make sure you take this one.


Beautiful simplicity in its symmetrical perfection or just boring?

On our way walking back to the hotel we passed by an entertainment multiplex. Roel kicked my ass in two games of ten-pin bowling. I am still convincing him that 5-pin bowling is the game usually played in Manitoba (he’s never seen it or played it!!). Hopefully I can show him how it’s done prairie-style when we’re in Winnipeg at the end of the month.

We got some MORE pizza (take-out this time) and ate it while we watched GLEE in our room. After that we changed and went out to Chicago’s Boystown where Roel and I first exchanged glances back on May 22 (aka me grabbing him by the arm and introducing myself). We went in and out a bunch of places but settled on the club we went dancing the first night we met: Spin. We didn’t stay long, mainly because I’m just tuckered out and didn't feel much like dancing. I feel bad that I seem to be slowing us down everyday and I’m the one who isn’t even working. Sorry, Roel. Guess I’m not cut out for this kind of travelling and hours. As much fun as this trip has been it’s not nearly as glamorous as one might think.

We’re home and in bed by midnite.

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I've really been enjoying your blog -- I just keep forgetting to leave comments. Love this criss-crossing-the-country adventure.

    ReplyDelete