Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Magic Kingdom

Sunday September 27, 2009

Good morning Orlando!

Up at 7:30am to go the Disney World! But first: driving to new hotel and checking in again and getting our tickets. We had a later start than planned and ended up at the Disney hotel (the cheapest one they had!) at prime check in time. When all said and done we didn’t arrive at the gates until about 10:30am. I don’t want to expand much on the topic but lets just say we had a rough morning and we didn’t feel the Disney magic for a couple of hours. After having a meal and some quiet time we had a good laugh at ourselves and started the day in earnest at about 1.


Once we got on a role we killed that park! (translation for some: we had an awesome time and did everything we wanted). Roel has a long history with Disney going back to some pretty important and precious childhood memories before his family fragmented. He has been to Disneyland more times than he can count. Although we strayed from his original plan we did almost everything in the Magic Kingdom (one of four Disney World parks). We were troopers and didn’t leave until about 11:30pm. Only a few breaks to refuel.


I had my ‘first trip to Disney pin’ and we also both wore ‘just married pins’ with pride. For those not familiar at the entrance of the park there is an individual handing out a variety of Disney pins. After reading our pins Goofy gave me a hug and then pointed to himself and me and pointed at the pin. I explained that I’m still happily married but very flattered by the offer. haha True story.


The hard warm rains started and stopped about four times throughout the day but luckily we were armed with our ponchos from the day before and it didn’t slow us down. Between the short 10 minute downpours it was sunny and humid.

Note to my family: yes, I rode It’s A Small World.

We had a fantastic day and were overtired and giddy by the time we hit the hay. Three and a half hours until we need to get up to catch our flight from Orlando to NY and then catch our connector to San Diego. Shot me now. Not that I’m complaining! There are much worse problems to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment